Friends, I just got back from a 9-day retreat in the desert, with the School of Lost Borders’ Practice of Living and Dying curriculum, focussing on forgiveness, apology and reconciliation. Deep, physically and emotionally challenging, reinvigorating.
Among many gifts, I came out from this trip with a renewed commitment to writing at least two blog posts a week until the fall (when I’m hoping to be in a CPE program, then I’ll re-evaluate). and a wealth of blog post ideas.
This is where you come in. Help me pick what to write about. Here is a list of as many topics as I can come up with:
- Landmarks & Goals–Orienting on the Path
- Orienting toward Death to Live a Full Life
- The Landmark You Aim toward May Be Your Goal
- Jews, Queers, Artists, & Mystics–Hidden in Sight
- “The great lie is that we’re not a part of nature.”–Meredith Little
- The Difference between Compassion & Feeling Sorry For
- No More 20 Year Old Heroes–Falling in Awe of Our Elders
- Chipping Away, Chipping Away. We Are Miners of the Heart
- Urgency, and the Heart of a Chaplain
- Sitting in Circle, Sitting Alone
- Shabbat and the Four Shields: A Model
There’s more, but that’s a good start. Let me know what you think. And thanks for your help.